3.14.2012

masquerade ball fretfest

Hello any lurkers.

I have a few projects that I'd like to catch up on in a future entry, such as a dress that I made completely out of used Target plastic bags. But that is for another day. I'd also like to ramble about some beauty crap I've been experimenting with.

Buuuuut right now, I want to focus on starting my prep and fret attacks for the upcoming masquerade ball I will be attending early June called MythMasque. I'm probably also attending the Labyrinth of Jareth masquerade Ball at the end of June. I plan to try to document a lot of my work and share it on here as I go. Hopefully things go according to plan.

I've decided on some basic ideas that I want to include. I'm very bug inspired right now, so I want to have buggy elements in my costume. The back of the jewel beetle is too fucking gorgeous  And I'm planning to attempt to mimic the feel of it with a huge Marie Antoinette skirt. I really love the idea of the dark starry feeling skirt on the outside and then having the front somewhat cropped up with an exposed cage skirt underneath. I want it very structured looking inside with a softer feel on the outside.

I'm debating the top section still. I'm tossing about ideas of altering a stay to use on the outside. I like the idea of seeing all of the channeling where the boning is inserted. I would like to change the top line of of the stay so point out at the shoulders or something. I'm just drooling in love with these wedding gowns by Chantal Mallett. http://www.18thcenturycorsets.com/bridal_gowns.html

My mom literally just showed me a new episode of Project Runway Allstars where they are working with fiber optic lights in an avant garde look and oh mah gawd. I'm suddenly struck with inspiration for a cage skirt after see the shape of Austin Scarlett's skirt. And I'm thinking that I'm going to have to do some lighting work inside of the cage skirt so that it glows inside. And perhaps instead of a silk skirt, I may want to use a kind of sheer starry/galaxy print type fabric for the skirt, almost opaque but still a bit of sheer feel. Uuuuuggh. I'm getting too excited about this now.

I have not even tackled hair ideas yet, but I do know that I want some kind of headdress, perhaps a bit rhinoceros beetle feeling. I also have a few jewelry/embellishment ideas that would be a bit spiderweb with dew drop feeling.

Now for a image attack of inspiration. ffffffff.
I'm also terribly sorry that I do not have information on each image. I've been a terrible scrapbooker of ideas and have not saved the info of each image. This makes me a terrible hypocrite seeing as I always get grumpy when I find an amazing image on someone's blog and then there is no info at all to locate more from that person. Please forgive me for being an ass.


 John Galliano
Alexander McQueen

 John Galliano

Jewel Beetle (polybothris sumptuosa gemma)




 Bjork

 Nostalghia

 Ooak doll

 Cinderella by Marina. Enchanted Doll.

 Hara-kiri by Durette

 Miss B by Ball Jointed Alice

 Turkoman jewelry

 Body art

 Crimes Crimes Crimes by Ketchup-suicide

 Jez Eaton
 Lady GaGa

 recycled materials christmas tree


Farwell for now. <3

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, this is lovely! So inspiring! Even to someone like me, who knows nothing about fashion, makeup or the like. I'd love to see more, I've been in such an art slump (where everything I draw is AWFUL, and I hate my style), stuff like this is inspiring. Oh, this is Michelle, by the way! From forever ago, in that condo.

    I do have a Tumblr, and yes, it is a mess. But it's so much easier to keep track of my favorite artists' art blog things. Then, I can just go to my dashboard thingy and see all the new posts instead of going to each person's page separately. I had planned on putting up some occasional art, but I've only been doing ugly traditional sketches and I have no scanner.

    I am blathering. Oh yeah! I saw Oldboy for the first time a month or so ago with my boy, and AHHH instant favorite. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I'm glad this was inspiring for you. I've been quite slumped as well in regards to art. I'm trying very hard to get focused and get a grip on art and crafting. ffffffff.

      You can do that on tumblr? I know nothing about tumblr at all. hurrrr. :B

      And soooo glad you watched Oldboy. It's so stunning.

      Delete